Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

25 Weeks


25 weeks, 15 to go and I am seriously feeling pregnant. Seriously. I've got the waddle and I've [already] entered into the "I'm uncomfortable all the damn time" phase. I sometimes I have to sit back and remind myself that this is a phase, a wonderful [mostly annoying] but amazing phase of life. 
Meanwhile, Braxton Hicks is the bane of my existence. I remember them with LB but not until much later and then it was just annoying. This time around? Annoying, yes, but also quite painful, enough to have me having to "breathe through them" and take a moment to let them pass. And it seems I get them ALL.THE.TIME. Like...
When I don't drink enough water.
When I drink too much water and have to pee really bad.
When I'm on my feet too long.
When I'm sitting too long.
And then I get these "mini" BHC that just tense and cramp up on my right side, where baby likes to be, and just makes me feel like I wish I was creative enough to stretch out that one muscle in my stomach.
Another joy of pregnancy? The acid. God. I feel like I'm pregnant with a baby alien with how much acid is in my throat at all times. I go through 4 [nasty] tums a day. *shudder*
Y'all, I didn't mean to come here and write a bunch of complaints. I AM happy to be pregnant. I LOVE feeling her move, and move she does! I love feeling the hiccups and laugh hysterically when she seems pissed off by them. A few hiccups and the girl starts moving and punching around like she's over them. I love when people smile at me in public after spotting my belly. I love getting to wear my maternity clothes and feeling comfortable in them (PSA You will be seeing me in about the same 5 shirts for the rest of the pregnancy!) 
In other new, I gotta get this fear out of my head: Baby girl is going to come early. BAM. I said it. I have this "fear" that I have these grand plans to keep her in there until January and have a repeat c section and God is just going to laugh in my face and have her come early....like on LB's birthday. Or Christmas. It's not a fear so much as an annoyance, maybe? I remember with LB how much I wanted her to come early and how LATE she really was (9 days, y'all.) And this one I'm hoping will stay for 40 weeks and come when I say she can come. Laughable, right? I hope not. But with all these BHC and with the way this girl seems pretty spirited, I'm trying to adjust my mindset. I'll have to be okay with it either way! And I guess when it comes down to it, who cares? As long as I finally get that little, snuggly girl in my arm, I'll be okay. 

How far along: 25 weeks

Total weight gain: 15lbs. Appointment next week with updated weight. I'm still going through the "I'm huge too early" phase in my head and really just want that part of me to SHUT UP. (I'm a gemini, remember?) 
Sleep: Not too shabby!  
Best moment of this week: Swimming in the lake and having all that weight off my body! It felt amazing! 
Miss anything: Nothing comes to mind right now. Whoop whoop!
Food cravings: Still sushi *pout* And breyers chocolate ice cream. And salt and vinegar chips. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: ACID. All this indigestion and alien spit. Gross.
Happy or moody most of the time: Pretty content these days. 
Looking forward to: Shopping for the little things, getting my glucose test out of the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment