Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

23 Weeks

23 weeks 3 days
Whoowee, things have been hectic-crazy around here. Not only did we deal with Lily's adrenal crisis but we also had a lot of ups and downs from that. We battled with rising and plummeting sodium levels that would have us skipping ddavp doses to get her to drink and pee and then deal with nights where she would drink non stop and cry and cry and cry because she couldn't get enough. It was heartbreaking. I don't want to jinx it but perhaps we are getting back on schedule now. Of course, with that comes so bad news [for me, at least] and that is....1am alarm clock....yep. Getting up at 1am to give meds so that we can be on a better schedule around school. It's not ideal but it will have to be what works right now. 
Lily is back in school though and we're trying our best to all get back on a regular schedule which is where we function best! I've gone through the baby clothes and gotten rid of some. I've organized them and boxed up the bigger sizes so the next big step is to clear the baby's room out so we can start setting things up! I've also been researching the heck out of woven wraps so that with this baby I can be mobile and functional when she comes along. I'm hoping to really love babywearing and I'm really looking forward to it! 
The big thing these days? MOVEMENT - and LOTS of it. Baby P moves constantly. Den and I just lay in bed at the end of the day and watch my belly dance. She is STRONG already and I cannot even imagine how it's going to feel in a few weeks! I've now realized that she flips a lot too which results in one of two feelings for me, either: ohmygod-i'm going to pee my pants-right-now or i-think-i'm-going-to-be-sick. This happened a few times in the car on the way to visit family in hickory and I finally figured out that she is just stretching out and flipping around because in a few moments those feelings go away (thankfully!) I actually remember LB doing this, but maybe not quite as often ;-) 

How far along: 23 weeks

Total weight gain: Sadly, a total of 15lbs so far. Don't-even-ask how I feel about that. I think this might be why I stopped keeping track when I was pregnant with LB. I'm in that awkward stage of "I have a cute bump!" to "I feel totally fat" I think I need to stick with maternity shirts to make me feel less fat because all my regular clothes are now too tight or riding up on my belly too much ;) 
Sleep: Pretty bad. Between tossing and turning, full bladders that wake me and make me want to cry, Baby P moving randomly and waking me, getting up with a sick LB or getting up at 1am for meds - I have been losing quite a bit of sleep. Thankfully LB still naps ;-) 
Best moment of this week: Having Den feel her move constantly and seeing his eyes light up (and thinking he finally sees why I'm constantly saying "oh my god, she moves so much!") 
Miss anything: SUSHI. I have had sushi twice but I miss spicy tuna! 
Food cravings: Still blueberry and cinnamon. Luckily fall is right around the corner to pumpkin and cinnamon will be out in full force for me! And sushi. I could eat sushi everyday if I could afford it!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Heartburn/indigestion, along with making me burp like crazy. 
Gender: Baby Girl :) 
Happy or moody most of the time: Still very up and down but taking things a day at a time.
Looking forward to: Getting the crib set up, buying my wrap when I find it! 

3 comments:

  1. Aww... looks like a cute little baby bump to me! You're over halfway there! :) Sorry, I know you don't really know me, but I follow your blog and your post popped up, so I checked it out! I can relate because I'm a 27 year old SAHM of 3! Congrats on expecting your 2nd and I hope your daughter gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I've got my eye on a beautiful woven wrap already ;)
      And probably going to buy a used boba/ergo/beco whichever I can find used locally, for quick ups and downs.

      Delete