Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Crackers and Coke

Today I am 8 weeks, 1 day pregnant and I am feeling it. I have dealt with minor bouts of nausea, food aversion, headaches and dizzy spells but lord, today takes the cake. I've been experiencing more frequent headaches - pounding headaches - and woke up to one of those at 5 this morning. After getting up and going through the usual morning routine with LB, I started making her breakfast and lunch which prompted my first real instance of morning sickness. It was not fun. And all morning I battled with trying to truck through getting LB ready for school and trying not to gag. Luckily Dennis is taking some (much needed) vacation days and was able to take her to school for me. He also brought me back a coke which seems to be the only thing that settles my stomach these days.

I keep reminding myself that these pounding heartbeats just shows that my body is doing it's thing - making extra blood for baby P! And the headaches are probably a result of that (and a failed attempt to cut out caffeine.) The dizzy spells are from the same and the morning sickness just means everything is going as well as can be.

I keep reminding myself that this is the bitter before the sweet. That all this will subside in a few weeks (hopefully!) And they will be replaced with baby flutters, hiccups, kicks and elbows. That this bloated belly will soon blossom into a cute baby bump that I can wear proudly - And I swear I'm already seeing a major change in my body, it's just an amazing experience. I can deal with the all day sickness, headaches and dizziness for a chance to make a life - it's worth it - but for now I will nibble on crackers and sip on coke and thank goodness that LB is still in preschool for two more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment