Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Bursting

I am bursting.

Bursting with joy, love, happiness

and a little bit of gas and bloat.

Because I'm PREGNANT!!!

YUP. I hated to leave y'all hangin' like that but I wanted to have some time to really soak it in. And we wanted to wait to see the heartbeat, which we did last week. A little flickering lightening bug on the screen. The doctor released us to my regular OB after that ultrasound and we are now counting weeks and prepping Lily Belle. (She knows and often, already, refers to herself as a big sister!)

Another reason we've waited: I've been SO TERRIBLY SICK. And not only with pregnancy related nausea, but with a horrendous cold that took over my whole body. And when you're pregnant there's only a few medications you can take and they all suck. It took me a week and a half just to turn the corner with this cold - to where I could walk up the stairs and not feel my head pounding and start hacking up a lung. It really was terrible.

This pregnancy has already proven to be different whether that be with the addition of taking care of a home and a 3.5 year old or whether this pregnancy is just going to be all around different. I've been getting nauseous, almost like a clockwork, every afternoon around 4pm. I have the usual exhaustion and crazy emotions: from being angry for no reason, to being weepy, to just being content.
I've been craving SALT - chips, bagels, bacon, etc. Sweets make my stomach turn - where before, with LB I'd have to have a chocolate chip cookie everyday! The only sweets I can stand are chocolate ice cream and very dark chocolate.

It's been a ride already so far and we're only 7.5 weeks into it! Baby P will be due the first week of January, so another winter baby for this family! :)

My baby is going to be a big sister!

Little blob at 6wk3d

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! I know you must be thrilled. I will keep you and baby in my prayers. I hope the nausea ends soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited still for you guys!

    ReplyDelete