Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Question 8

"What are five passions you have." - The List

pas·sion  


Noun
  1. Strong and barely controllable emotion


Believe it or not, I have written this post three different times. I am at a loss at how to answer this question. It shouldn't be so hard, right!? At first, I just thought that I have nothing in my life that truly makes me feel passionate. Then I thought, maybe I'm not defining "passion" right. Then I thought, perhaps I am such an emotional person that I truly live my every day life in a state of "strong and barely controlled emotion."
Now here I am rewriting it for a FOURTH time. I've really thought about this. I've actually done some research and came across this article that I understood: How to find your passion.

The first thing that easily came to mind every time I sat down to write this post was who I am most passionate about:

1.Lily Belle. I know right!? You're thinking, Allie, Get a life. But really, she IS my life. She is probably the one thing I am most passionate about in this whole world because she is a little piece of my heart. And every little mark I make in her memory is a mark on the woman she will become. I am passionate about making her into a strong and hopefully passionate woman one day. I am passionate about teaching her manners and silliness. I am passionate about hugging her and kissing her and telling her I love her. Cheesy, perhaps, but the love I have for her is the most honest and passionate thing.

2. I am passionate about love. I am a hopeless romantic. I am the definition of a bleeding heart. I love love. And I believe love is the easiest thing in this world. It is much, much, much easier to love than it is to hate. Hate takes energy. Love comes to all of us naturally. We all deserve love.

3. My family. I am passionate about being the best mom for my family. I am passionate about growing my family. I am passionate about being a good wife, sister, daughter, friend. I strive to be better everyday and to take care of myself so I can be the best version of myself for the people in my life.

4. I am passionate about food. I really am. I am passionate about cooking and trying new recipes and tweaking old ones. I love feeding people - really, just do my dishes! I do! I love the "mmm's" and the "I need this recipe." I love finding a new recipe and putting it into the weekly rotation because it is just that good. I love going back and trying something that I previously hated only to find out that my taste have changed and I love it now (hello, mushrooms!) Food calls to me in a way that nothing else does...I should probably find some way to make a living on it, huh?

5. I am passionate about knowledge. I may not seek it the way a traditional thinker may (ie, school) because school never called to me like it does the scholarly, but I devour facts and ideas that call to me. I find it necessary to know information that could effect my life. When LB was diagnosed, I read up on anything and everything SOD.ONH.PHP related. I felt so out of control but when I understood the mechanics of the condition, I felt more centered. And I do that with about everything these days. Baking bread? Read up on it first. Infertility? Devour all the knowledge. Sensory Diet? Read it all. It gives me a better understanding of things that feel so out of my control and it is definitely something that I am passionate about that doesn't come easily for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment