I have to tag this "part 1" because the room is very much still in progress. We're getting Lily's quilt from my mom for Christmas, planning on blowing up the sweet picture of pink bear from Stephanie and framing it. And we need to hang up pictures on her wall.
But, I couldn't help but document this big change! I am definitely not ashamed to say that I cried when we sat her in the middle of her big girl bed. It's a queen sized and she's so tiny still. My dad had an extra set laying around and thankfully passed it along to us. Funny, but it's actually either my sisters or my own bed room set from when we were kids! Gotta love that history!
So while we talked up the "big girl bed" for a week or so now, we were still very pleased with how well LB transitioned. Not only did we put her in a big bed, we also moved her room. We noticed that during the summer her room would heat up a lot in the afternoon and stay hot through the night. With the anhidrosis we just couldn't deal with that and no amount of fans cooled it down enough. So we painted the guest room (it was originally a very ugly yellow that I hated) and moved her in last night.
 |
The ugly yellow. I'm told it's not a terrible yellow but I despise yellow for some reason so any yellow to me is an ugly yellow. (yellow yellow yellow. Just had to get it out there.)
|
 |
| Ready for moving in! |
 |
| "Falling Star" aka a minty, calm, sage green. Finally a color in this house that I've picked out and actually love |
 |
| So big in her big bed! |
 |
| Surrounded by "all my friends!" |
Last night went really well. She went to sleep easily, possibly because she didn't nap! She only woke up a few times but it was mostly caused by a thirsty night. My only grumble this morning is figuring out the best way to keep the sheets dry. We used a big waterproof mattress cover under the sheets to protect the mattress and then her big crib waterproof pad and a blanket on top of the sheets. That worked until she got up this morning and moved around the bed (I found her at 5am with the waterproof cover
on top of her!) So now I will be washing queen sized sheets instead of crib sheets...that's going to take some getting used to. I also need to invest in some more sheets...
I will add more pictures when we get the rest of the room finished! We're also hoping to "adult-tify" our guest room and actually have it look nice and presentable instead of just a bed in a room...Fingers crossed we can get that done soon! It'll take another coat of paint for LB's old room!
Awww. love her smiley pic. She looks so big and proud of her new room!
ReplyDelete