Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!! We are set to celebrate Christmas today (Xmas Eve) with my mom and sisters. We'll be cooking up a feast today and I cannot wait to get started! Then we're off to my dads tomorrow morning for a brunch!
This is what Christmas is all about - FOOD! - oh, and family ;-) But really, it's about family, love, being thankful and recognizing all your blessings. It's about putting away the heartaches and hard times for a day or two and focusing on the white lights in our lives.

I, for one, will be counting my blessings. Trying my best to put away my wants and focusing on my "gots." 'Cause I've already got a lot. And I am so very thankful for all that I have. A husband that is kind, hard working, funny and so wonderful with our daughter. I have a daughter who is funny, smart and quick to say I love you. I have my family close by physically and I'm so thankful to have them close by emotionally as well. I have a lovely house and roof over my head, a way to keep that house in our name(!) and we all have our health (that should be #1 on the list!)
So, today and tomorrow I will count my blessings, as I should everyday and be thankful for all my gots.

"And so then my darling, wherever you roam, may you always be safe, may you always come home. For as long as the world still spins and still hums, wherever you are and no matter what comes, the best part of Christmas will always be you beneath my Christmas tree." -Tillman 


An outtake since I didn't realize my flash was on!!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment