Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Rocked The Day

You know those days where you just kick ass at almost everything you do? And you actually get stuff done? And take a shower? And you're not completely tired after it all? Sounds dreamy, huh? These days are so, so, so rare and lately I haven't felt like I've really rocked at anything. But today, today was different and so I will brag a bit ;-)

I woke up knowing I had to stay in. There was zero gas in the car. Zero money to spend on gas. I had been out and about for the past week and had a laundry and cleaning list a mile long. It was apparent what I needed to do, so here's my brag, here's what I rocked at today:

- Made homemade banana nut bread (And it's SO GOOD!)
- Washed and changed the bed sheets
- Did 4 loads of laundry (with more to go...!)
- Vacuumed upstairs and downstairs
- Mopped the floor
- Got down on my hands and knees to dry said floor because otherwise there is streaks everywhere *grumble* (The floor looks AMAZING)
- Made a healthy lunch
- Cleaned all 3 bathrooms
- Took a nap
- Took a shower (!!!)
- Played outside
- Made-up a recipe for dinner. Slow cooked chicken breasts with red potatoes, carrots, mushrooms in an italian garlic seasoning.
- Scheduled 3 new playdates for next week
- Didn't yell or throw a fit with any PT accidents (even poop on the floor - yeah, it happened - and yeah, I handled it with finesse! LOL)

I am bowing in my mind right now. I rocked today. I kicked it's ass. I made the most of it. I had a wonderful day which is a nice change from what's been going on lately :-)

2 comments: