I am soaking up time with Evelyn because I now feel like she is getting too big, too fast. Fours months have already flown by and she wants to be a big girl more and more everyday. She wants to sit up and see the world and works hard on trying to do so. The bumbo has come in handy for that but she also likes to practice in the boppy.
The girl is teething something fierce. She will chew on anything but has a particular fondness for blankets and my knuckle ;-) I can still see two bottom teeth but have yet to really feel them. Should be any day now since she was up every 2 hours last night comfort nursing.
Four months old and she can hold her head up high on her belly and loves to look around the room this way. She can roll from tummy to back and is working on back to belly. She can scoot herself around on her belly and back with her strong legs! She doesn't take great naps but that's more from having to work around Lily's schedule. If we didn't have anywhere to go I think she would nap much better.
She's already shown interest in food and drinks. Anytime I drink water she watched very intently. I offered her a glass of water (for fun!) and she actually tried to get some. I think we'll start solids in a few weeks, again just for fun, as she's shown so much interest in it.
She squeals and is starting to try and laugh. She loves when daddy sings the ABC's and is getting more comfortable with bath time, especially now that she can kick and stretch her legs out. She loves to stand up and smiles hugely every time. She still sucks her right thumb and loves to be worn - we baby wear every day! She is the most happy and graces us with her huge-open-mouth smiles right when she wakes up.
I think the next few months will be so much fun! I can't wait to see her personality start to emerge more and more everyday.
Lily has been great. She didn't even blink an eye when she lost her first tooth by falling at the playground (heart stopping for mommy!) She just finished preschool level 2 swimming and ballet. I have to sit down and try to figure out what summer courses we can do through parks and rec so we're not just twiddling our thumbs all summer long!
Lily is really into pretending play and is becoming better at entertaining herself as long as she's in "the right mood." She is actually sleeping really well (!!! knock on wood!) She's still a crazy early riser but now gets up and uses the potty and plays until we get up. She tries to be quiet but doesn't always succeed ;-) She still takes a 1-2hr nap after school everyday.
She loves being a big sister and often entertains her sister when asked. She copies us with a "baby voice" and says cute things like "aren't you so big up there!?" and "Who's the cutest baby here!?" It is one of the cutest things EVER!
As a family, we've been trying to get out and have fun together. We're excited for summer and the beach! Overall things have been better here and I feel like we're getting more comfortable as a family of four and getting into the swing of things more and more everyday. It was a tough transition but we're making it!







No comments:
Post a Comment