29 weeks - for real celebrating being in the third trimester now, complete with more braxton hicks, exhaustion, heartburn, queasiness and elbows all up in my mid section. Seriously though, I'm starting the countdown! LB and I had a talk about how baby sister needs to stay in as long as she can so she can be strong and healthy, and I also added, so Lily can be 4! I sometimes need to remind myself the same thing, that as much as I'm ready to hold her in my arms, I'd rather her stay in there for as long as possible. Some days that can be harder to remember!
I've been busy this October which has been a blessing and a curse. The more busy I am, the faster time goes, but also the more exhausted I feel. It seems like it catches up with me and there's one day a week that I just cannot function and do much more than a load of laundry and get LB to and from school. And of course, the dreaded BHC come with a vengeance when I'm busier. Water has helped tremendously but they still come regardless. Maybe they are harder to deal with too because I am planning on a c-section so all this "practice" is for naught - hopefully.
I've also been busy baking - BAKING! I never really baked before because it's such a precise method of cooking...and everyone knows I like to improvise and hate being stuck in a recipe because it needs so and so. But I've come to realize that baking is just as relaxing, rewarding and flexible as regular cooking. There is something so calming about mixing such simple, pure ingredients and filling the house with warmth and feel-good-smells. It helps that with this whole 29 weeks I have been craving cinnamon! Right now in my oven, I have my first ever [pumpkin] cinnamon rolls made from scratch - like with yeast! And I finally [successfully] used my dough hook - so I'm pretty happy. Hopefully they will be worth the effort!
This week will be very busy for me. LB has her endo appointment, I am taking her to the state fair along with her classmates, we have dresses and tuxes to pick up and hair to be done, and then we are all in Uncle Scotty and Aunt Lindsey's wedding this Saturday! Oh, and not to mention, daddy's birthday is next Sunday! It's going to be a marathon...one day at a time, right!? Wish me luck!
How far along: 29 weeks
Total weight gain: +20lbs not bothering me as much these days. I'm pregnant *shrug* it is what it is.
Maternity clothes: Colder weather is finally creeping back and so are all my more comfortable maternity clothes! I might live in maternity leggings!
Stretch marks: I'm not even bothering to look.
Sleep: Getting harder, week by week. My most restful sleep comes at nap time these days.
Best moment of this week: Having LB feel better (bye bye, strep AND cold!)
Miss anything: Glass of wine on those "i-need-a-glass-badly" days.
Movement: Constantly, now with pointy elbows!
Food cravings: A must have is chocolate ice cream. It helps with the heartburn! And cinnamon.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Just been feeling queasy overall, not anything really causing it.
Labor signs: BHC. blah.
Belly button in or out: In. It never popped out with LB so I'm not expecting it to.
Wedding rings on or off: On, good thing about winter babies - wedding ring usually stays on with the colder weather!
Happy or moody most of the time: Feeling good with a few spots of major "ho hum"
Looking forward to: Scott and Lindsey's wedding! Daddy's Birthday! Focusing on the baby's room....sometime!



No comments:
Post a Comment